Monday, September 14, 2009

Get by with a little help from my friends...

I've had two random people express an interest in the 9P in Haskell stuff I've been thinking about, for similar reasons. Tim Newsham went as far as to write a bunch of code for encoding/decoding of 9P messages to ByteStrings and mailed it to me.

I'm not 100% sure it's 100% correct, but it looks darned good, and far cleaner than what I'd written, so I've used it in place of mine at the 9ph project page.

I've attempted to port my version test code (sends a 9p version message to a styx server on Inferno) to see if that works, but I'm not sure that the string type is being handled properly for the TVersion message, where it must be prefixed by a little endian encoded 16 bit integer for the protocol version being negotiated ("9P2000" in our case).

Still 9P in Haskell looks like it will be useful for several folks, and I'm glad for that, even if I don't get mine done.

No comments:

Post a Comment