Monday, August 10, 2009

Keepin Busy

Been trying to get a handle on "nice looking Haskell" network code. I've got some tasks at work that might actually require me to do some network coding in Haskell so that feeds nicely into my 9p implementation in Haskell, but, at the same time, I'm very concerned about data sizes and understanding how Haskell programs garbage collect, and understanding the waxing and waning of data allocation sizes in a lazy language.

I've not revisited 9p in general in a while. Still hoping to get a native Plan 9 box up and running somewhere that I can play around with.

I do want to get back to this project though. Every once in a while, I look at things like Facebook's Thrift, or other RPC mechanisms that are meant to be language neutral, and I think "this could have been 9p". It's interesting to try anyway just to understand the limitations of one thing vs another.


No comments:

Post a Comment